Specific research topics adressed
- Advanced Interaction and Usability Studies: integration of speech recognition and audio segmentation in digital talking books (originally for visually impaired users), navigation in audio spaces, integration of EEG, ECG and other biometric devices,
- Learning and Mixed Media Environments: information repurposing (reusing segmented audio), production of DTB (digital talking books), hypervideo, interactive TV and mixed learning environments,
- Group Interaction Analysis and Design: understanding workflow and collaboration, support meetings and collaborative design, contextual analysis, e-voting systems, ubiquitous and mobile group spaces.
Prospects and Directions
- Enhance multimodality, mobility and ubiquity in interactive multimedia environments,
- Explore key aspects of cognitive and affective processes underlying interaction (attention, memory, vision, language, emotions),
- Improve contextual analysis and design methods for critical group and organizational environments.
- Application of interaction, media, and group work design approaches in rich environments like learning, entertainment, art, and medical, e-Health and e-Inclusion programmes
7th EU FP - Key Reference Entries
- Cognitive Systems, Interaction, Robotics: Intuitive Multimodal Interfaces and Interpersonal Communication Systems
- Digital Libraries and Technology Enhanced Learning
- Towards sustainable and personalised healthcare: personal health systems for monit and p-o-c diagnostics, ICT for risk assessment/patient safety,
- ICT for independent living and inclusion: ICT and ageing, accessible and inclusive ICT
- Future and Emerging Technologies: Human Computer confluence, Bio-ICT convergence (bidirectional interfaces, biohybrid artefacts)
- ACCESSIBLE: Accessibility Assessment Simulation Environment for New Applications Design and Development
- A-CSCW: Attentive Computer Supported Collaborative Work
- GUIDE: Gentle User Interfaces for Disabled and Elderly Citizens
- QualWeb: Large-scale Web Accessibility Evaluations
- InSiThe: In-Situ Therapy Support
- ARIA: Ambient-assisted Reading Interfaces for the Ageing-society
- Vista: Vision based Touch interaction Anywhere
- MobiDiT: Mobile Distributed Therapy
- E-Voting: A new Architectural Framework for Handling Risk in E-Voting Systems
- JoinTS: Joint Psychological Therapy Support
- RAPS: Reading Analysis with Physiological Signals
See more projects...
Some recent titles
- José Coelho, Carlos Duarte, Pedro Feiteira, Daniel Costa, David Costa, "Building Bridges Between Elederly and TV Application Developers", in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Advances in Computer-Human Interactions (ACHI 2012), Valencia, Spain, 2012
- Nádia Fernandes, Rui Lopes and Luís Carriço, On Web Accessibility Evaluation Environments, W4A 2011, Hyderabad, India, 28-29 March 2011.
- Daniel Costa and Carlos Duarte. "Self-adapting tv based applications". Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on HumanComputer Interaction HCII, pages 357–364, 2011.
- Luís Duarte, Luís Carriço. "The Influence of Performance-Oriented Widgets on Interactive Behavior while playing Videogames". In Proceedings of ACE 2011, Lisbon, Portugal, 2011.
- Tiago Antunes, Luís Duarte, Luís Carriço. "Mobile Haptic Games". In Mobile Accessibility Workshop, organized at Interact 2011, Lisbon, Portugal, 2011.
- Luís Carriço, Luís Duarte, Ricardo Pereira, Marco de Sá, João Faria, Isabel Sá, Gustavo Zurita, Nelson Baloyan. "Supporting Group Exposure Therapy". In Proceedings of SBSC 2011, Paraty, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2011.
- Luís Carriço, Rui Lopes and Rogério Bandeira, Crosschecking MWBP For Visually Impaired Persons, W4A 2011, Hyderabad, India, 28-29 March 2011, Download paper
- Rogério Bandeira, Rui Lopes and Luís Carriço, Results from Multi-dimensional Accessibility Assessment, HCI International 2011, Orlando, USA, 9-14 July 2011, Download paper
- Jose Coelho, Carlos Duarte, Pat Langdon, Pradipta Biswas, "Developing Accessible TV Applications", in Proceedings of the 13th International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility (ASSETS 2011), Dundee, Scotland, 2011
- Carlos Duarte, Jose Coelho, Pedro Feiteira, David Costa, Daniel Costa, "Eliciting Interaction Requirements for Adaptive Multimodal TV based Applications", in Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII), Orlando, Florida, USA, 2011
- Pedro Feiteira, Carlos Duarte, "Adaptive Multimodal Fusion", in Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII), Orlando, Florida, USA, 2011
- David Costa, Carlos Duarte, "Adapting Multimodal Fission to User's Abilities", in Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII), Orlando, Florida, USA, 2011
- Joana Neca, Carlos Duarte, "Evaluation of Gestural Interaction with and without Voice Commands", in Proceedings of IHCI 2011 - IADIS International Conference Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction 2011, Rome, Italy, 2011
- Pradipta Biswas, Pat Langdon, Carlos Duarte, José Coelho, Multimodal adaptation through simulation for digital TV interface, EuroITV '11 Proceddings of the 9th international interactive conference on Interactive television, 2011