ACCESSIBLE - Accessibility Assessment Simulation Environment for New Applications Design and Development - is an European Comission co-financed STREP project (contract no. 224145). It has a 3 years duration and it is composed of 11 partners, coordinated by CERTH/ITI.
This is the local Web site for the HCIM research team (FFCUL partner within the ACCESSIBLE project), where relevant information and software will be made available. For the main Web site of ACCESSIBLE, please head to http://www.accessible-eu.org/.
The main goal of ACCESSIBLE is to improve the accessibility of software development products, by introducing a harmonised accessibility methodology into the software design and development processes, using significantly better measurement strategies and methodologies. ACCESSIBLE will research and develop a process for collating and merging different methodological tools, checking the coherence with the W3C/WAI ARIA and other standards in order to produce an Open Source Assessment Simulation Environment.
During the course of the ACCESSIBLE project, a newsletter will be produced every 6 months, with overviews of the status on its developments and results. Please find below the list of currently published newsletters:
- Luís Carriço, Rui Lopes and Rogério Bandeira, Crosschecking MWBP For Visually Impaired Persons, W4A 2011, Hyderabad, India, 28-29 March 2011, Download paper
- Nádia Fernandes, Rui Lopes and Luís Carriço, On Web Accessibility Evaluation Environments, W4A 2011, Hyderabad, India, 28-29 March 2011, Download paper
- Rogério Bandeira, Rui Lopes and Luís Carriço, Results from Multi-dimensional Accessibility Assessment, HCI International 2011, Orlando, USA, 9-14 July 2011, Download paper
- Nádia Fernandes, Rui Lopes and Luís Carriço, An Architecture for Multiple Web Accessibility Evaluation Environments, HCI International 2011, Orlando, USA, 9-14 July 2011, Download paper
- Rui Lopes, Rogério Bandeira and Luís Carriço, Towards Mobile Web Accessibility: Vision and Challenges, 1st International AEGIS Conference, Sevilla, Spain, 7-8 October 2010, Download paper
- Rui Lopes, Karel Van Isacker and Luís Carriço, Redefining Assumptions: Accessibility and Its Stakeholders, The 12th International Conference on Computers Helping People with Special Needs (ICCHP), Vienna, Austria, 14-16 July 2010, Download paper
- Rui Lopes, Karel Van Isacker and Luís Carriço, Mobile Web Accessibility Assessment, 1st ACCESSIBLE Project Workshop (in conjunction with ICCHP 2010), Vienna, Austria, 12 July 2010, Download paper
- Rogério Bandeira, Rui Lopes and Luís Carriço, Towards Mobile Web Accessibility Evaluation, Free and Open Source Software for Accessible Mainstream Applications (FOSS-AMA), colocated with ETAPS 2010, Paphos, Cyprus, 27‐28 March 2010, Download paper
- Rui Lopes, Konstantinos Votis, Luís Carriço, Dimitrios Tzovaras, and Spiridon Likothanassis, The Semantics of Personalised Web Accessibility Assessment, 25th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC), Sierre, Switzerland, 22-26 March, 2010, Download paper
- Konstantinos Votis, Rui Lopes, Dimitrios Tzovaras, Luís Carriço and Spiridon Likothanassis, A Semantic Accessibility Assessment Environment for Design and Development for the Web, HCI International 2009 (HCII 2009), San Diego, California, USA, 19-24 July 2009, Download paper
- Rui Lopes, Konstantinos Votis, Luís Carriço, Spiridon Likothanassis and Dimitrios Tzovaras, Towards the Universal Semantic Assessment of Accessibility, 24th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC), Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 8-12 March 2009, Download paper
- Rui Lopes, Konstantinos Votis, Luís Carriço, Spiridon Likothanassis and Dimitrios Tzovaras, A Service Oriented Ontological Framework for the Semantic Validation of Web Accessibility, Handbook of Research on Social Dimensions of Semantic Technologies, IGI Global, 2009, Download paper